Sunday, January 10, 2010

Make a wish!



My son Yusef turned sixteen today. He's invited 6 of his cousins to have a slumber party. We had cake and junk food and now the boys have all retreated to the marbowah (traditional Libyan sitting room) and are watching scary movies. Lucky Yusef - his birthday has come this year during school winter holidays. And lucky me that we built the house with a marbowah that has the an entrance from outside. Yusef and the boys can stay up all night long, laughing and joking and watching movies, and I wont have to hear a thing.

We ran out of birthday candles and used seven big ones instead. 1 representing a decade and 6 for the years = 16.

The party gave me another opportunity to play with light and dark too. Still needs work though.

1 comments:

Books Glorious Books September 5, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

haha what was left of the cake after you pulled the candles out?!

Contributors

About This Blog

A photoblog... a picture a day... maybe... It all depends on whether my kids leave my battery supply alone and the internet connection, not to mention my level of motivation.

Or I can simply say:
'A picture a day, insha'allah!'

~ Click on images for a larger view

Followers

Back to TOP